Friday, June 13, 2014

Transition

Today was my first week as the marketing intern at Apartment 34 and I am still pinching myself that I get to work with such amazingly talented people! It was a great work week with fun people and I'm so excited for upcoming projects and just learning the ropes. Refinery29 showed a sneak peek of Apartment 34's office this week, so if you haven't already you can check out where I'm spending time this summer :) And yes, it is just as gorgeous in person as it is in photos. Erin, the founder of Apartment 34, has mastered the modern design and I'm so obsessed with her clean and airy aesthetic.

So much in fact, that I'm finding myself in a bit of a transition. I'd like to think I'm growing and evolving now that I'm graduated and working. I'm in California experiencing new and different things and I'm just taking it all in. One thing I particularly love here is the amount of good design. Every shop, restaurant, and home is full of gorgeous pieces and it's so well-styled. It's inspiring to be surrounded by design constantly. Not that the Midwest doesn't have beautiful coffee shops and boutiques -- because they do -- but it's more frequent here in the Bay Area. I love learning new ways to style a shelf, incorporate a unique piece of art, and think about design differently just by paying attention to my surroundings.

My love for pink and girly elements is evolving and I have a greater appreciation for more sophisticated design with a neutral color palette in fashion and decor. That's the great thing about design. You never have to settle on just one aesthetic, it evolves with you.

Let's take a look at some inspiration photos shall we...

modern sophisticated clean bedroom


modern sophisticated blue bedroom


casual grey weekend outfit

grey nail polish


max wagner print



I hope you are all enjoying your summer! How would you describe your design aesthetic right now? If you love these images, click on the links and poke around the blogs. They are some of my new favorites right now!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

3 comments:

  1. Your office looks seriously amazing. It would be hard NOT to be inspired there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Erin is seriously talented.

      Delete
  2. You're in my city! Would love to meet up sometime and exchange blog ideas! ;)

    XO Julianne
    thewinkblog.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...