Friday, June 6, 2014

Big News


As you know I have been working on a blog design for the past month now. It's time to step up my design game and have a professional website with my own domain. The plan is to finish it in the next few weeks! It's been fun working on the project, but I'm getting anxious to show it to you all! While I redesign my site, I'm also thinking about new ways to approach blogging and bring new, exciting content every week. Part of my reason for posting less on here lately is not only because of my busy schedule and moving headache, but also because I want to be more conscious about what I'm posting. I want you all to the love the content, and  I want as much of it as possible to be original. Which of course is also the most time-consuming to create.

Working for Powder Room this summer means I'm watching tons of makeup tutorials on YouTube so I know the top beauty bloggers and am up to date with the latest industry news. I'm amazed at how well-edited each video is, and how comfortable beauty bloggers are in front of the camera. I know I enjoy watching videos (compared to reading), so I have to wonder what video would do for H&H and you lovely audience! I have NO idea how to go about recording a video or uploading it to YouTube, but just like blogging or anything else, it takes time and practice to get good. I may experiment with video for a bit and see what I come up. If you have any tips (editing software, lighting, etc) I want to hear from you!

I'd love your thoughts on video and if you think it'd be worth incorporating, so let me know in the comments!

In other exciting news, I was just offered a marketing internship position at one of my favorite blogs, Apartment 34!!! I met them for an interview last week and they were incredibly sweet and offered me a  position for the summer. This is seriously a dream come true to work for such an amazingly successful lifestyle site! I'm so excited to soak it all in and learn as much as I can about the digital media world.  As always, I will give you updates and photos of everything so you can follow along with me :)

Thanks you for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

Image

8 comments:

  1. Giiirlll, good for you! I've been planning to do a vlog forever, but I agree, it just is a lot of work and is very daunting.
    I know you can do it! And I can't wait for the new site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to just take a weekend and play with my camera and see if it's actually something I think I could incorporate with the blog well. We should both start one this summer! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of video posts. I mostly read blogs at work when I'm on hold, and I skip over 99.9% of posts with video content. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! That's definitely something I need to take into account.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on all the amazing news! It sounds like you are doing amazing things right now! As for the videos, I really enjoy them but often find I don't get to watch them until the weekend. I usually do my blog reading on the train ride into work each day and a video doesn't work in that setting. That being said they would be great to enjoy over the weekend!

    Ashley Minck
    www.minck.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I really appreciate your feedback. It seems the biggest issue with video is interfering with work settings. I need to do some thinking and see if I can come up with a way to incorporate it so it doesn't! Maybe doing 1 video a week along with the regular postings?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...