Friday, February 21, 2014

My Home on The Everygirl - Resource List

amanda risius the everygirl home feature

You guys, I am still smiling from all of the feedback on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, sweet comments, and just all around love following my Everygirl Home Tour. I was in a bit of a shock at first when I pulled up the feature and saw my home in the pages of my one of my favorite websites. Truly an honor to be featured alongside such successful women. Doing something like this and giving you a peek into my apartment is always a bit nerve-racking because I don't know how you will react or if you will like it. I have read almost every single home tour on The Everygirl, and I am always inspired by everyone's home and the wonderful way they decorated it, so I hope you were just as inspired by mine. Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind. I was sitting in class when the feature went live and lost all hope of listening to lecture. All I wanted to do was respond to comments on social media!

To help answer your questions where I purchased my furniture, decor, and accessories, I put together a resource list with prices of everything, just so you can get an idea of where the $500 was spent. As I was putting this together I noticed the only thing I didn't purchase on sale was the Anthropologie monogram mug and items for DIY projects. What can I say, I like a good bargain! If you see something in the tour that isn't included in this list or if you have any more questions regarding my apartment or interview (or anything else), let me know! I love hearing from you and getting your feedback.


Resources of Note:

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour


Living Room
Couch, loaned
Pillow covers, DIY
Coffee table, thrift - $6
Candlestick holders, old
Blue vase, Anthropologie - $6
Magnifying glass, Anthropologie - $6
Parsons desk, Overstock - $50
desk stool, old
Gold picture frame, thrift - $3
"A" mug, Anthropologie - $8
Lizard stapler, Anthropologie - $6
Shag rug, RugsUSA - $100
Dresser/TV stand, DIY
White shelf, Target
Ceramic horse, Target - $13
Green and blue bowl, Anthropologie
White bowl, thrift -v $3
Safari canisters, DIY
Blue mini frame, Anthropologie - $8
Acrylic jewelry box, thrift - $6
Photo boxes, Hobby Lobby - $6
Wooden bowl, handmade
Wooden bar cart, thrift - free!
Pink tray, Hobby Lobby - $3
More mojitos please art, DIY
Sunburst mirror, DIY

amanda risius the everygirl home tourGallery Wall
Album covers, thrift $1 each
Frames, thrift - $6
"A" print, Pearls and Pastries - $5

amanda risius the everygirl home tour


Kitchen 
Table and chairs, old
Table runner, scarf from Forever21

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour

amanda risius the everygirl home tour


Bedroom
Scarf headboard, boutique - $25
Bedding, Pottery Barn, Zara Home, and Younkers - $20 for the pom pom Zara pillow covers
Dip-dye pillows, DIY
Side table, old
Lamp, Target - $20
Frame, Target - $13
Plate, thrift - $3

Unfortunately most of the items in my apartment aren't available anymore since they were purchased on sale or thrift, so I put together a few other great options for you. Thanks again for all your support and love!




Photo by Justin Salem Meyer 

17 comments:

  1. Ah, I love it! I've had a hard time settling in over the years, bouncing from one apartment to another. This gives me inspiration for my next place (a home). Thanks so much for sharing!

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, Jessica! Throughout my time in college I have moved every year which definitely makes it hard to settle in, so I made a point to keep a low budget so I don't feel bad getting rid of some of it for my next place. You can do it :)

      Delete
  2. Yes lady! SO happy for you. I read the whole thing start to finish. I am so proud of you and your home looks amazing! You are a DIY and budget goddess! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love DIYs because I can make it exactly how I want it! I'm already dreaming up some more ideas :)

      Delete
  3. First, congrats on the EG home tour! Second, thanks for sharing all of these details! I also buy almost everything on sale and I looove seeing a home tour of someone who does the same. I really need to get into thrifting--your cute finds have inspired me!

    Also, LOVE that you used a scarf as a table runner. Such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrifting is great because you never know what you'll find going into it! You should definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your feature on The Every Girl...Love seeing young people take an interest in decor, organization and creativity xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola! They have been passions ever since I was a kid :)

      Delete
  6. I need that mirror in my life, so happy to find it's DIY!!! I only hope mine ends up looking as good. I wish my college apartment had looked even remotely as nice as yours. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mirror is hard to mess up so yours will look great! Send me pictures of the finished product :)

      Delete
  7. Your home is so beautiful! I am so glad that I found your blog via Everygirl!
    www.thelegalcareergirl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you found my blog as well :) You have some really helpful tips about job hunting on your blog!

      Delete
  8. As a fellow Iowa girl, I of course had to click on your Everygirl feature. You have such a great style! And I'm impressed with the personal brand you've created already-I have no doubt you'll find something wonderful to do after college. Glad I stumbled on your blog - consider me a new reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! It's comments like yours that brighten my day and keep me doing what I do. Let me know what content you like and what you hope to see more of.

      Delete
    2. I love all of your thrifty decor inspiration! I've been wanting to incorporate more posts on that topic into my blog (smallstuffcounts.com). You have a great home decor style and really know how to turn trash into treasure.

      Delete
  9. I'm in love with your apartment! Great decor inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions about it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...