Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Worth Stealing: Wood Slab Tables


 A Hammer & Heels - Worth Stealing: Wood Slab Tables






Today I have a heavy heart as we lost my grandpa last night. Actually, we called him Opa. He would have been 96 today. He was a loving, stubborn German that will be missed by many, but I know he is in a great place now. It is today we also wait the arrival of my niece.

But this is my happy place and I hope yours as well, so I'm bringing you one of my favorite things. Oh, how I love me some wood slab tables. They combine my love for natural elements with a mid-century design. I think they are simply beautiful and toughen up the pops of pink I tend to bring into my home. The organic shape and hairpin legs are two of my favorite things and combined, make one amazing piece of furniture.

Can you believe the last photo above is actually a DIY? Leave it to Blair to wow us with savvy skills. You can find the full tutorial here, and she gives a great resource for buying slabs of wood online. I don't have any more room in my tiny studio apartment for another table, but you can bet I'll make room in my next place.

p.s. My girl Emily was featured on Houzz the other day showing us how to hang a gallery wall using a clever tip so be sure to check it out!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...