Thursday, December 12, 2013

What I Bought in November + A Big Announcement

A Hammer & Heels | What I Bought in November

J.Crew, hammer and heels, what i bought in november, forever21,

December snuck up on me a little bit. I thought I had plenty of time to do my monthly What I Bought This Month post and next thing I knew it was already the second week of December! How are you guys? Ready for the holidays? I feel like I have so much left to do! As I mentioned before, the end of my school semester is nearing so I've been working hard to complete projects and study for finals. Next week is finals week. Eeeek! 

As if studying for finals isn't enough, I've also been working on an exciting project I can FINALLY share!!! My apartment is going to be featured on The Everygirl!! Words can't express how happy/excited/thrilled/nervous/honored I am to be featured in my absolute favorite online publication. The Everygirl is taking the Internet by storm and is such a wonderful source for young women. I completely admire everything they have done to help women like me succeed. If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw photo shoot sneak peeks last week. I promised you like six months ago a tour of my apartment once I finished decorating, so I hope this will do :) As soon as I know the exact date for my apartment feature I will let you know, but it will be sometime next year -- which is only a month away!

Back to what I bought in November.

This past month I found some great things I'm really excited to share with you all. If you're familiar with the Omaha area, they just opened up an outlet mall with tons of great stores. Usually I'm a little leery of outlet malls because the stuff isn't all that great and the prices aren't much cheaper. This outlet mall did not have a lot of amazing deals however (we went a few days before Black Friday), but the selection was pretty good and I was overall satisfied with the variety of stores.

Fossil Zylo Boots - Last season I was a tall boots girl and baffled at the thought of wearing ankle boots. Tall boots are so much more chic looking... Wrong. I still have me some tall boots, but once ankle boots hit the stores and Pinterest this season there was no turning back. These are so comfortable and I have worn these just about every day for the past month.

Patterned Chiffon Blouse from T.J. Maxx - I went into T.J. Maxx looking for an outfit to wear to an agency meeting because I knew I could find something trendy and affordable. This blouse was an instant favorite. I also bought some teal ankle length trousers which I ended up returning because they fit a bit off. I love the blouse except for the fact that the buttons ALWAYS come undone. So I will be stitching the button holes to make them tighter.   

Blue Plaid Skirt from Forever21 - I needed a couple outfits to wear for my photoshoot with The Everygirl so I went with this skirt.

Navy and Pink Sweater from J.Crew - An outlet find that I love. My boyfriend actually picked this one out :)

Necklace from Forever21 - I love jewelry from Forever21 because it's incredibly affordable and trendy, so I don't feel guilty if I don't wear it every single day.

Plaid Button Down from J.Crew - Another outlet find. Because every girl from Iowa needs a plaid shirt.

White Button Down from J.Crew - Because I didn't have a white button shirt. I know, I know, it's a wardrobe staple I've been missing for years.

Embellished Vest from Forever21 - To wear for my Everygirl shoot.

Red and Blue Sweater from Target - Loved the colors and print.

That's it! Did anyone snag any great Black Friday deals? This year I passed and was honestly a little disappointed with the lack of "deals".





2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Congratulations, lady. Can't wait to see your feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I am thrilled to say the least.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...