Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jessica Russell Flint









Hello again! It has been a while, hasn't it? The past few weeks have been a bit crazy with the holidays coming up and the end of the semester nearing. Our professors conveniently schedule group projects and presentations due right after we come back from Thanksgiving break, so we're scrambling to have most everything done before our break starts next week. Not complaining though because that means we only have 3 weeks left of the entire semester once we come back from break! It's getting real. Graduation that is.

 Besides school, I am also brainstorming/working on some projects ideas that I can't share with you just yet, but in the next month or two hopefully. Remember the apartment tour I was supposed to do like 2 months ago on here? Well, I am making it up to you and I think you will be pleasantly surprised :) That's my clue.

With all of the back and fourth from class, group projects and assignments and then to personal projects it's hard to get my brain to focus on blogging and come up with creative posts. My brain is dead at the end of the day so all hopes of any creative juices flowing are gone. And I don't want to bore you with any old blog post.

A few days back I was reading some articles online and came across the work of illustrator, Jessica Russell Flint. Recently I've looked into illustration as I'm using it in one of my upcoming projects so I've research it and noticed it more around the web. I instantly loved the use of color and texture Jessica uses, but you can't deny the uniqueness in each piece. A little quirky and unusual, she totally defines her own style and doesn't set boundaries. I'm completely obsessed with her manifesto and her work, especially the box of cards, cushions, and makeup bags. Can you image some fantastic wallpaper adorned in the wildly colorful  illustrations? So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...