Monday, December 30, 2013

One Color Five Ways




// 2 // 3 // 4

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas celebration with family and friends. The past week I have been back in my hometown (population 1,000!) relaxing and working on some things. The new year is always full of goals and resolutions, so I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2014. It's also a big milestone as I approach my one year blogging anniversary! Proof that time really does fly by. So much has changed in the past year and I'm anticipating even more change in the upcoming months (think: graduation). So exciting! I will be writing a recap post of the past year and I also want to share my new year's resolutions so stay tuned :)

Anyhoo, on with the fun stuff. Did you hear the color of 2014? Every year Pantone names a color of the year and this year it is radiant orchid. Which actually is one of my favorite colors!

I'm going to keep this short and sweet and let the pictures do the talking because I managed to catch a terrible cold/sore throat a couple days ago. This thing is persistent and doesn't want to go away, so I'm left sniffling and sneezing like it's my job. I put together a board showing how I would style the color of the year. It's a rich color, so a little goes a long way. I decided the foyer is the perfect place for a splash of bright, cheerful color. Nothing like a good first impression! I'm obsessed with the wallpaper (and wallpaper in general.) This is one of my favorite shots of the wallpaper. Isn't it adorable and completely fab?


porter teleo wallpaper, porter teleo, hammer and heels
credenza, lamps, chair, fur stool, pink tray, shell box, mohair throw, wallpaper, pink juju hat, topiary, seahorse candle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...