Monday, June 3, 2013

Worth Stealing {Gallery Wall}

via

Top: via
Bottom: via

Hello again! Home tours around the blogosphere lately have seen a common feature amongst most of them: gallery walls. Getting a peek inside someone's home is always interesting (who doesn't like seeing behind the scenes of successful bloggers/businesswomen?) and they are one of my favorite types of posts because it sparks loads of inspiration. There are so many creative styling ideas hiding behind closed doors.

Though gallery walls are nothing new, the images being framed are anything but ordinary. Everyone puts their own twist on gallery walls and I think that's what makes them so special and unique. 

My favorite technique is using a gallery wall to hide a TV. You search high and low for the perfect curtains, paint color, couch, shelf accessories, etc. and complete the perfect shabby chic (or whatever your design style) home you've been going for. A huge TV in the living room is anything but shabby chic and is definitely not the focal point you've worked so hard for. Camouflaging the TV in the midst of framed art is an easy fix for that eye sore. Genius, right? I am dying to try this in my new apartment come August, but the wall is lined with windows, so I'll have to see what I can come up with. Don't worry, you will get a glimpse of every last detail once I get settled!

via
Another technique I like is framing a vintage map. It adds color and is such a unique piece. I've looked on Etsy hoping I'll get lucky and find one just as cool as the one in this home tour. The search is on. 

A gallery wall doesn't mean you have to spend tons of money to get good art. It's all about finding what you like. Framing a pretty card you received in the mail from a friend or a page torn out of the J.Crew catalog works great. The more varied the art and frames, the better. 

I'm keeping my eyes open for pretty prints and things to frame for my gallery wall. What do you think? What touch would you add to your gallery wall to make it your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...