Saturday, March 23, 2013

Antiquing

Right on the corner on my way to work is an antique mall. I drive by it every day and I always see a handful of cars parked outside. I am not one to hunt down antiques and collect them, but I am willing to look every once.

After months of just driving by, I decided to finally stop in today and check it out. The place is chock FULL of stuff. It is a big warehouse building and there is just enough room in the isles to walk. The rest of the place is piled high with furniture, dinnerware, frames, etc. You name it, they probably have it. 

Initially I went in there looking for some pretty home accessories, a storage  box of some sort for jewelry, and maybe score a good deal on a desk to renovate. 

I walked up and down the aisles for about an hour and here are a few of the things I spotted...


Isn't the mint ceramic just gorgeous? Even the box is just as pretty! The trouble with buying something like this is I don't have somewhere to display it right now since I am not staying in my own apartment during the internship. Packing and moving with breakable items is not fun. I thought about buying the single white ceramic with a lid to store bracelets but for some reason passed it up.
I love this pink chair with the fancy detailing. Spruce it up with some white paint and it would be good to go as my pretty desk chair. I checked the price tag and they were asking nearly $400! Ummm....is it just me or is that a bit much for an antique chair that isn't designer?

Yep, that's an old KitchenAid mixer.

Now none of the above I actually purchased, but I did walk out with one good find -- although no antique at all. Recently I've seen acrylic boxes used as a display for jewelry on top of a dresser. When I saw this I thought it would work well to store bracelets since it is clear, so I can see all of my pretties :) 

It even has dividers to keep things organized. 

Have a great weekend and see you Monday with another floral workshop!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...