Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Decorating with Branches






One of my jobs as a kid was picking up branches. We lived on a farm with a grove of trees, so every spring we had to pick up branches off the ground so we could mow the lawn. Though the job was tedious and I always dreaded it, my dad offered us one cent for each branch we picked up as an incentive. It sounded like a great deal at the time, considering how many branches were strew around.

I love the feeling of natural elements inside a home.
Things like fur, wood, and stone create texture and warm up a place making it feel more cozy. Especially in modern, neutral spaces which can often feel sterile and cold. I love the simplicity and pure genius of using branches as decor. They are essentially free and look incredibly effortless. I see a future DIY coming your way!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

8 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the idea of using branches for decorating. The picture with the branch hanging over the desk is absolute perfection. Can't wait to try something similar soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Ashley
    www.minck.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite looks as well! I'd love to see your photos when you're done!

      Delete
  2. I feel like branches could also add some masculinity (which is needed when you live with your significant other). The lights hanging from the branches in the second to last photo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I know my guy always appreciates it when I bring the outdoors inside :)

      Delete
  3. I love this too, and really like when they're partially dipped in gold, or painted with little bands of color. Such and easy way to add a natural element to a room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea of partially painting them for a more colorful look!

      Delete
  4. so this is genius. Loving this X a million, now I just need to figure out how to incorporate one in our apartment!

    Jenna l Clothed in Confetti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, there are soo many possibilities! Let me know if you have any questions :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...