Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Unexpected (Affordable) Art


I am always looking for new, clever ways to decorate my home. Preferably with affordable, unique accessories that tell a story or mean something special. Art is a great way to bring personality into a space, but let's face it, it can be so expensive. I'd love to have a collector's piece just as much as the next person, but with this college girl budget, that's not in the cards. So, I've done some online shopping and curated affordable options to bring art into your home using unexpected items!

A while back I saw this constellation print framed in a home tour online and I thought it was the coolest idea. I wish I could remember who's home I first saw it in, but I love that it is completely unexpected. I am not an astronomy whiz and probably couldn't name the planets in order, but I still love the idea of hanging this print somewhere in my home. When I first clinked on the link I found out it is actually wrapping paper for $5! You can't beat that. There are so many pretty scarves, why not hang up your favorite as art? This is one of my all-time favorite tricks. Instead of a headboard, I hung a printed scarf above my bed and saved hundreds of dollars! Another favorite is maps. I have a fascination with beautifully illustrated maps and hanging them as art. This Barcelona map takes me back to my days when I was traveling with my Spanish class in high school.

What are your creative ideas for bringing art into your home?

Constellation Print | Highlighter Scarf | Tea Towel | Sea Animal Print | Calendar | Barcelona Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...