Monday, May 27, 2013

Apartment Makeover {The Couch}

Happy Memorial Day! If you haven't already taken time to relax and enjoy the day...do so now! 

I told you guys once Summer rolled around I'd have a bit more free time for projects, so here it is, the first project update! 

As I've mentioned before, I am moving into a new apartment come August, so I am eagerly planning projects for the new abode. Currently I do not have much for decor or furniture so I'm trying to get creative when furnishing my apartment on a college budget. First project to tackle is the seating situation in the living room. Right now I have none. Jordon offered me his gently used couch and I gratefully accepted. The problem is it's a forest green color with plaid cushions. Not really the color scheme I am going for... 

Fret not -- after all, who doesn't love a little challenge? I did some searching on Etsy and Ikea and found this and this for fabric to cover the 5 cushions. A slipcover in either grey or tan will eventually cover the rest of the couch. One step at a time. 

Today I measured and cut the fabric to fit the cushion and pinned together the two panels, one for the front and one for the back. I plan to add a zipper on one end so I can remove the casing to launder. 

The couch

The 2 patterns
2 panels pinned together





This is what the pillow will look like.


So far I only started on one pillow with one fabric. I'll see if I have to make any adjustments for fabric size and go from there. 

Next up, start sewing. Stay tuned for more updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...